Sunday, June 1, 2014

The Measurement Wall



Growing up I always remember having a wall in our home completely dedicated to pencil marks with names beside them.  Although we moved a few times in my childhood, each home would have a new measurement wall.  We all loved comparing ourselves to each other, and marking our own growth.  My brothers especially enjoyed comparing and trash talking about who really was the "big" brother in the family when my youngest brother outgrew the rest of them!


Naturally, I wanted something similar in my house, but I wanted something I could take with me when I moved, as well as incorporate pictures since I'm a picture taking addict!  So, a few ideas from Pinterist combined with a few of my own brought the birth of our measurement wall!


I used small canvases for the pictures, just painted them black and then Mod Podged the picture right on!  I did about three coats of Mod Podge on top after doing one coat underneath the picture. (Let it dry between coats.)  Don't freak out, it won't ruin your pictures!





The canvases are hung on the wall with small velcro strips that you buy from Walmart or Target, which I cut in half so they would be thick enough for the back of the canvas.


Let me know if you do your own!  I'd love to see it!


© 2014 LeafletRadiance All Rights Reserved

4 comments:

  1. Now I can see that you've released your inner "craft" person after all of these years. Cute ideas, Bridge!! (Sorry, Jo. I know you don't like that nickname. Ha :-) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It's just good to know that side even exists...wasn't sure for a while there! You'd be so proud Lar, I even got on a sewing machine last night for the first time in probably a decade or more...it was for Relief Society for a service project. I guess I had to let down my guard for a good cause!

      Delete
  2. I totally cried when I left our measurement wall behind on 18th. It was the saddest part of leaving the home that for nine years was our "family" home. I love your idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's why I loved this idea! You can take it with you! I'd love to say I came up with the idea, but it's really just a modification of others I've seen! Sure miss you guys!

      Delete